Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Saying Goodbye II


The very first project we started when we moved into our house was taking out the drop ceiling in the "4th bedroom". Chris ripped it out and put up a new ceiling, crown molding, and painted.


Before


Why would any one ever put a drop ceiling in a room and please note that this is not in the basement.

After

We use the room as an office now.

But, before Gates we used the room as a living room.



I love this wall! The piano was Chris' Grandmothers and the pictures over the piano are from our wedding. The top right is a painting my best friend did of the Crane Cottage, the place we got married. I love the painting, it is so special and wonderful.

The paint color is a Restoration Hardware color that I am obsessed with. We also painted the guest bath the same color but they don't look the same because of the lighting. I could of painted a couple more rooms this color but Chris wouldn't let me. I am not sure of the exact name but I will need to figure it out for my next house because I will definitely use it again.

In some of the "After" pictures you might notice round circles on the ceiling, those are speakers. Chris wired speakers in the kitchen, family room, office and back porch. They are connected to the computer and the tv. This is a great bonus when you are having a party or just enjoying a romantic evening on the back porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment