Thursday, July 8, 2010

Annual Canoe Trip

For the past 6 years Chris and I have gone down to Thomaston, Ga to go on a Canoe trip with some friends down the Flint river. We even went last year when I was very pregnant. We look forward to this trip every year. The trip is always planned the day before or after the 4th of July. It is so relaxing and peaceful floating down the river.



The Master Canoer
And me, the lazy bum. The first year we went on this trip I dreaded it. I thought Canoeing sounded terrible and didn't understand why we couldn't just go tubing. So, Chris said that I didn't have to do any canoeing, I could just enjoy the ride. Me just enjoying the ride kinda stuck 6 years later.
The trip consist of more then just canoeing. After spending the first half of the day on the river, we go back to our friends cabin and hang out.

This year they had an abundance of blue berries I picked.

There is also some fishing on a little lake at the cabin.
Some sitting around chatting and some dogs. (We didn't take of our dogs this year, sad)


And the guys favorite part, shooting guns.


Chris got some crazy idea that it would be awesome to get some exploding targets this year. The guys thought they were great. Every time one would explode they would all start laughing. It was a good thing we were in the middle of no where because these things sounded like bombs going off.
This is all the guys supervising Chris mixing the exploding target up. It must be a guy thing.
P.S. Gates stayed with Grand and the Major

No comments:

Post a Comment