Saturday, July 17, 2010

Campmeeting back-when

Campmeeting is a wonderful tradition in Chris' family (and other families) that goes back to the early 1800's. A tradition that is based around praising God, fellowship, worshiping and is wonderful. I had no idea what this was all about or that it even went on until I met Chris. This is one of Chris' favorite times of year. I have also grown to love it and appreciate the history of this sacred tradition. Campmeeting started last night and will continue till next Sunday. Here are some pictures from back-when of Chris' family through out the years at Campmeeting. These pictures will hopefully give you a little idea of why Campmeeting is so wonderful. I will also try to post some pictures of this year; especially because it is a very special Campmeeting for Gates, it's his first one! One of many more that I am sure he will grow to love and look forward to every year.















No comments:

Post a Comment