Monday, March 4, 2013

Me, The Sewing Machine!

I have been getting lots of use out of my new sewing machine I got for my birthday.  Here are some of the projects I have done.

The big project has been making myself a quilt using all my t-shirts from college.  This was kinda a big undertaking but, it turned out awesome.

photo 1 (1)

I wasn’t really making it to be any particular size since I don’t plan on putting it on a bed but this is a picture of it laying on my king size bed so it looks like a full size bed quilt maybe.  Turns out this are kinda a trend though.  Have you seen Pottery Barn Teen is selling a t-shirt quilt.

 Pottery Barn Tee quilt

DSC_0146

I also have been making baby gifts using the monogramming and embroidery feature of my sewing machine.

e32b2370699211e2ab4322000a1fa430_5

photo (1)photo 3 (1)photo 4 (1)

I also made lots of Christmas gifts.  Monogrammed throw blankets for teachers at school.  Burp clothes for niece.  The green and navy monograms were made into bean bags for a corn hole set for the brother in-law.

IMG_0975

No comments:

Post a Comment