Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Star Spangled Bliss

I am feeling very patriotic lately.  I unintentionally, dressed my self and all three boys in red, white and blue the other day and then went out in public before I realized how goofy we might of looked.    I also have my bunting hanging on the front porch.  No doubt we are proud to be an American!

I got a bug in me to make an American flag I saw on Pinterest this past weekend and got right to it.

Gate really wanted to help.  I thought it was a good idea at first until he started stepping in the paint and we now have footprints painted on our deck.

DSC_0002

The inspiration flag I originally found was done on boards from pallets but after my last pallet project I was feeling a little to lazy to pull boards off a pallet.  So, I went the quick and clean way and bought some cheap cedar pickets at The Home Depot and saved my self the hassle.  I screwed the boards all together, taped of the lines and started painting.  I love it!  I did my vexillology (new word I learned in making my flag, means study of flags), so the flag is as close to accurate as I could get it, 50 stars and 13 stripes.DSC_0031

No comments:

Post a Comment