Thursday, July 12, 2012

Brushing up on my sewing skills

I am determined to become an expert seamstress!  Actually, I will settle for just capable seamstress.  It all started with really wanting custom curtains in our family room, the kind that cost a fortune that we do not have.  So, I am going to have to make them myself, but I have to learn how first.  Before I tackle such a prominent and big project I figured I need a little practice.  A good place to start was making a skirt to go around the kitchen sink counter at the cabin we are renovating.  I managed to accomplish this so things are looking good.

camp meeting

This is a kinda random project but since I have the sewing machine out I am also making cow costumes.  Why am I making cow costumes you ask? Because, Friday is Cow Appreciation day but of course!  So I am working on my herd of 3 cows.  Here is my progress.

cowsphoto 3 (1)

I will be sure to get pictures of the herd.  Also, before anyone gets their hopes up, Chris and I have no plans to be cows.

No comments:

Post a Comment