Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cabin renovation update

 

Last Saturday, Chris and I devoted another day to working on our project on the cabin.  I am happy to say that it is pretty much done.  A couple little details still but over all we are done!

Day 3

IMG_20120630_182138

We installed the new oven, painted the cabinets,  made new shelves and doors for the tall cabinet on the right, and put in new lights.  I still need to put a coat of poly on the counter and shelves and I also have a skirt I am in the middle of sewing to go around the sink counter.  We ended up painting the cabinets a brownish grey color with a paint that had primer in it to make the process a little easier.  I would have liked to of stained but we are working with old cabinets with veneers on them.  The black cabinet door is a painted with chalk board paint so the kids can write on it. 

For three days of work and a tight budget, I think it turned out awesome!  I can’t wait for camp meeting to start and try out this new kitchen. 

1 comment: