Friday, May 20, 2011

Board and Batten nursery

The past couple of weeks I have really gotten my energy back and have gotten the hang of taking care of twins. After months of not getting anything done because of lack of physical mobility I have started getting things done around the house. I have a whole list of projects I wanted to complete with out the help of Chris. I didn't want Chris' help mostly because he has been so busy with work and for the simple gratification of being able to say I did it all by my self.



The big project on my list was getting the nursery for the twins done and I really wanted to do board and batten in it. Last week I got the bug in me to get it done and I did! I did this all by myself! The only help was from my mom with watching the babies. I painted the walls, did all the measurements, cut all the wood and caulked. It took me a week to get this done working a couple hours a day. It turned out soooo nice, now I am working on some art to go above the cribs and then it will be pretty much done.










Now, you might be thinking how did I know how to do this with out help. Well, back in the day pre-babies and marriage, my first job out of college was working for Black and Decker selling power tools. Yep, I was the tool girl. To sell power tools, you had to know how to use them so, I am pretty good at a miter saw and nailer.

side note: Black and Decker owns DeWalt. Most people don't know that. Also, that was the best job right out of college! I had a lot of fun, made good money, got to do some fun things, drove a big yellow truck and it really helped me in getting my more glamorous job I have now.



No comments:

Post a Comment