Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Gates’ finished big boy room

We have lived in our hour for almost 2 years and I have finally done something in Gates’ room.  You might remember that for the twins nursery I did board and batten on the walls.  Their bedroom has a connecting bathroom to Gates’ room making them Jack’ n Jill bedrooms so I wanted them to have some cohesion.  So I decided to tackle the board and batten project again in Gates’ room.  I am loving the new trend of grass cloth wallpaper coming back in style so I also tackled hanging wallpaper by my self.   I found a great light at Ikea to replace the builder standard light that was in this room.  I DO NOT DO ELECTRICAL!  This is where Chris comes in. 

DSC_0154

The comforter is from West Elm and the sheets I already had from my days of college in the dorm.  I made the dust ruffle out of burlap.

DSC_0146DSC_0147DSC_0148DSC_0151

Gum ball machine was a steal at Goodwill.  Chris thinks I am torturing Gates by having this in his room and not letting him eat the gum balls.  Chris put it into context for me by saying “what if there was cookie dough in the refrigerator and every time you went in the refrigerator you just had to look at it and could never eat it?”  When you put it like that, yes, I am the meanest mom ever.

DSC_0152DSC_0155

I am thinking I need some kind of window treatments but don’t know what I would do and also want  a big art of some kind on the bare wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment