Thursday, August 30, 2012

DIY professional curtains

 

I think I mentioned a while ago that I have been wanting to try my hand at sewing.  I found some great tutorials from other bloggers and decided that I could handle making my own lined curtains.  Just in case they didn’t turn out I figured my first attempt should be some where in the house not as important so the bathroom shower seemed like a good place to start. 

(Incase you notice the white brackets, I plan to paint them eventually)

DSC_0138

Thanks to the great tutorials, they turned out awesome!  So awesome I will be making more curtains for the rest of the house.  I used this bloggers tutorial for the overall curtains. http://www.viewalongtheway.com/2012/06/tutorial-how-to-sew-lined-back-tab-curtains-drapes-curtain-panels-whatever/

Except, I did not do tabs to hang the curtains.  I went to the fabric store and bought curtain tape you sew on the back and can be used do pleats but I just used it to put the curtain pins in that hang on the rings.

DSC_0140

I used this bloggers tutorial for doing a blind hem on the bottom. (Not pictured since the whole idea of a blind hem is you can’t see the hem at the bottom of the curtain panel.)

http://diybydesign.blogspot.com/2011/09/how-to-make-lined-pinch-pleat-drapes.html

She also gave a great tutorial on doing pinch pleats with the tape I was talking about. 

2 comments:

  1. Those look great! Your son's room is awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete