Wednesday, September 12, 2012

New curtains and something special for Chrissy and Whit

I am making progress on another room in our house finally!  The family room, the most important and most lived in room of our house.  This room is kinda sad.  It is a hodge podge of random furniture that was never meant to go together.  I have big plans for this room though, but unfortunately big plans cost a lot of money and time.  So, just like the rest of the house, baby steps.  I decided that an easy, relatively affordable project for this room would be to put curtains up.   I only wanted curtains for the purpose of design, not for function.  I like natural light coming in and there is not much a view outside looking in for any one. I went to my favorite cheap fabric resource for the fabric ( Fabric and Fringe in Marietta, Ga $10 a yard) and found some one that would make them cheaper then I could justify the time it would take me to do them.   It has taken me a week to get use to them since I have been living with blah for the past year and half, but I love how they soften the room and make it feel cozy.  I was hoping they would ease my desire for  new couches, rug and entertainment center but it has just made me want them all more.  To bad, so sad, NOT happening.  I am thinking I might experiment with making a slipcover for the green chair that is clashing with my new curtains, maybe that will ease my desires.

DSC_0156

photo 1photo 2photo 3photo 4

This is for Chrissy and Whit!  No more laughing. 

DSC_0170

Not so bad for some one who has NEVER painted before. Maybe with a little practice and training I might be as good as Whit some day.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha Michelle! Love love the painting. I am laughing so hard right now. Maybe that will motivate Whit to finish my painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and of course the curtains look great. I can't wait to come back to Atlanta and make my curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! Installing curtains on corner windows is tricky because there isn't a lot of space between each window and the corner. Did you guys use rod connectors in installing the curtains?

    Roxie Tenner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find high and wide windows fascinating. Even if you tell me that there are many varieties of curtain designs these days, it’s still easier for me to find a curtain that will match well with a lofty window than with an ordinary one. Haha! Once I spot a curtain, I already know if it would look perfect on my window. ;)

    Rodney Orton

    ReplyDelete