Monday, February 14, 2011

Goodwill! The Red Balloon. Valentines?

I love Goodwill! I love taking stuff there that is just cluttering up my house and feeling like it is getting a second chance. And, most of all I love finding a deal there. I recognize that Goodwill might not be for everyone but I was raised to love a good deal so I love going there. Lately, I have been on a roll when I stop in just to see what they have and that makes me love it even more.
I found this amazing globe for $4! You can't tell in this picture but it is a tall globe not one that sits on a desk.

I found these great kids chairs to go with Gates' table for $5 each! I also got the stack of letters for $2 which are for a project that I am working on and the Melissa and Doug board puzzle that makes animal noises $1.50.
The Cozy Coupe $13


Jenny Lind high chair $20. Now I just need to find a second one. I might paint it depending on what the second one looks like.
Of course, I completely clean and disinfect everything I get so no fear of germs. The only bad thing is because I saved so much money I justify going to the store again for more "deals". As our friend John pointed out, girls like to go on and on about how much they saved but it is never about how much we spent, which is sadly true, but Chris defended me by saying that "I would of lost money by not making these purchases". Whether Chris was joking or not, I agree!


The Red Balloon. We went to Chick-fil-a on Saturday for lunch. Gates is crazy for the chicken nuggets. That could have something to do with me eating Chick-fil-A at least twice a week if not more while I was pregnant with him. Anyways, point being they gave Gates a red balloon that we tied to his wrist and I didn't think he thought much of it but when we took it off he screamed and cried. So being the sucker parents that we are, we tied it back on.











Valentines? Gates came home from school on Friday with this list saying "Our Valentine List". What? He is only 16 months are suppose to do valentines? Well I don't want Gates to be THAT kid with THAT mom that didn't do valentines so we went to the store and got some valentines that I wrote out to each little kid in his class.
He came home today with a cute little red bag with hearts on it with Valentines in it from other class mates. Glad I wasn't that mom even though only half the other kids gave valentines.

Chris and I didn't do anything for Valentines. Obviously, because here I am doing a blog, but that doesn't bother me. Chris had to be gone all night and to me it is just another day. We are pretty good about showing our love for each other on a regular basis so the actual day is not necessary. Even though I told Chris not to do anything he still had flowers sent to the house and I made him chocolate covered strawberries one of his favorites.
Happy Valentines!








No comments:

Post a Comment